Translate This Page

Saturday, August 28, 2010

FAQ Classical Music

Q: "When did you start playing piano?"
A: "I started playing piano when I was about 4 years old. Mom bought a small keyboard and I started pressing the keys. It was interesting for me that I kept playing the keyboard day by day. Until my uncle shew me how to play the music and I followed the steps slowly."

Q: "So, how did you start the classical music?"

A: "I was firstly introduced to classical music by mom when we were in a music store. The first classical piece I heard was "Fur Elise" by Ludwig van Beethoven. I didn't know that the music playing when I pressed hold button on the phone was "Fur Elise". Yeah, it was so funny. Then mom bought me a Beethoven cassete. I started listening to the pieces and the first instrument I was really interested in was violin. I didn't suppose that I'd finally play violin and piano."

Q: "And how did you learn classical music?"

A: "I didn't start playing piano from classical. Mom taught me several children songs, yeah like "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", that was also known as "Ah, Je Vous Dirais Maman" composed by Mozart. I also played several national folksongs. It was hard for me to move my fingers on the keyboard. So I played those songs slowly. Yeah, that slow! Then I got used to play on piano and started some fast songs. I started from "The Musicbox Dancer". I love that song. I kept playing and improved my skills. I started playing classical in age of 10, where for the first time I listened to Mozart's "Turkey March". Actually, I heard that song when my brother was playing Pump it Up and he played that song. I asked him about the song and he told me that that was actually a classical piece composed by Mozart. I liked that minor chords so I tried to play it on piano. I started looking for the new great pieces and in age of 14, I joined classical piano class. Well I've been joining the class for approximately 4 years until today."

Q: "Was there any difficulties in playing piano? Remembering that you didn't start from piano but electronic keyboard."
A: "Definitely. Piano and keyboard are definitely different. Keyboard needs electricity to be used, whereas acoustic piano doesn't need electricity. So whenever you have no electricity at home, you can still play the acoustic piano. And also the mechanism of the touch. It was hard for me to play the piano, instead of keyboard. I had to press the key stronger to make it sound. Meanwhile, I just needed small touch to make the keyboard sound. I had hurt my finger also when I was playing the piano. My finger bleeded when I played it that hard."

Q: "Sounds painful. But yeah it was past. So now, how about your classical piano?"

A: "I'm taking break from my piano class, during this month. Depending on my business and activities, so I have to take a break for a while. But I can still practice or play piano at home. I also play piano at my school and perform some pieces when someone asks me."

Q: "What's your grade at your piano class?"
A: "I'm the 2nd A student. But my teacher sometimes gives me piece for 3rd or 4th grade students. And it's pleasure for me. I mean, it's such a great thing to play what my seniors used to play. Now I'm working on my piece for the concert, "Sonata in C Major K545" by Mozart and "Valse Op.64 No.2" by Chopìn. Both of them aren't easy to be played, and I have to concentrate more seriously to play it better."

Q: "And about your violin, how did you start playing violin?"
A: "I saw my brother playing violin once and I got interested in violin. I liked when my brother made a long tied notes. I asked dad to buy me a violin and then he brought me to a music store. He bought me a 4/4 violin and I tried to play it by myself. I didn't make good tunes that my brother mocked me. I was mad and I stopped playing violin. A couple years later, I listened to a song and I caught violin melody. I took my violin and tried to catch the melody. I got it and I became so curious. I started learning the basics by myself and then I asked dad to sign me up for the violin class. Now, I and my brother can play violin together. And he doesn't mock me anymore. He teaches me also how to play some pieces."

Q: "Isn't it confusing, learning two different things at the same time?"
A: "Yah, violin and piano are absolutely different. But I manage my time and divide it well. I have time to practice violin and another time to practice piano. I keep being zero in on each instrument. I sometimes play both of those instruments in a concert. I play the piano and then I take my violin and play the violin."

Q: "Talking about classical music, it will never be so far from the composers. Who are your favorite composers?"

A: "I cannot mention them one by one because they're great and they rock the concert stage! Chopìn, Mozart, Beethoven, Vivaldi, Rachmaninoff, Tcahikovsky, Saint-Saëns, Ravel, Faure, Satie, Strauss, and many more! I cannot mention them one by one! I have so many favorite classical composers!"

Q: "And at last, who influences you so much in playing classical music?"
A: "Maksim Mrvica. He's one of world best pianists. Lang Lang is also great pianist, and I was amazed watching his performance with Andrea Bocelli. Vanessa Mae is my favorite violin soloist. Bond is also great chamber orchestra group. Each member has different hair color and it's interesting. It's cool. Kevin Kern, Yanni, Enya, Wesley Chu, Taro Hakase, and other great musicians."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post some comments, maybe a word two words or a long long paragraph :)